Earn exclusive rewards by completing specific objectives.
Meta today announced update V102 for Horizon Worlds, the company’s social VR metaverse platform. This latest update introduces a number of bug fixes plaguing world editing and collaborators. What is most exciting, however, is a new feature called “Quests.”
Rolling out on Quest headsets over the next few weeks, this new feature allows you to unlock exclusive rewards for your Meta Avatar by completing various objectives, or “Quests,” available in certain worlds. This includes Giant Mini Paddle Golf, a virtual mini-golf course set in a tropical island paradise complete with an enormous crab and monstrous Kraken.
Test group users can head to their Identity Panel to find a new “Quests” icon containing six unique objectives to complete, including “Get a Hole-in-one.” Completing these quests earns you avatar rewards, such as the Sea Captain Costume.
Meta is currently testing the feature with a select group of users. The company will be opening up access to more users over the coming weeks.
The following is a comprehensive breakdown of the bug fixes included in update V102 (as provided by Meta):
- Some people were having trouble canceling a party invite; this has been fixed in V102.
- We fixed a bug that was causing selection boxes to remain visible after switching into preview mode from edit mode.
- In rare cases, the “Edit World” button was not appearing for collaborators after accepting a collaboration invite. This should be fixed and reliable now.
- We fixed an issue where avatar thumbnails were not aligning on leaderboards.
- There was an issue where creators were reporting Build Mode was down; this has been fixed.
For more information visit here.
Feature Image Credit: Meta