Learn various introductory techniques while unlocking the secrets of your constellation.
Available now on Meta Quest headsets, Fight Back VR is an educational VR experience that promises to teach you the basics of self-defense, including important mental skills and muscle memory. According to its developers, their goal is to fight back against gender-based violence by users to build up their self-confidence should they ever find themselves in a potentially dangerous situation.
The experience also features support for hand-tracking, allowing you to interact with various targets naturally without the need for motion controllers. The gameplay revolves primarily around battling the forces of darkness in an effort to save your fellow sisters while discovering the secrets of the constellation.
“The empowerment-based model of self-defense training includes physical self-defense techniques, but also a comprehensive range of tactics including verbal techniques, awareness skills, confidence-building practices, and more,” says the official website.
Here’s a more thorough list of features (as provided by the developer):
- Avoid danger and de-escalate conflict.
- Increase confidence in participating in social and economic systems.
- Increase self-efficacy in problem-solving.
- Build physical self-defense skills.
- Address violence that is most likely to occur in individual settings (e.g., school, home, workplace).
Feature Image Credit: France Télévisions