Last week, Six Flags announced a collaboration with Samsung to put Gear VR headsets on nine roller coasters across the U.S.
Riders equipped with a Gear VR headset can transport themselves to a futuristic battle to save planet Earth from an alien invasion in virtual reality, all while flying high strapped into a roller coaster ride.
Now we are getting a look (in the video above) from one theme park reviewer who attended a media event to ride Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia and it looks as crazy as we imagined.
The reviewer shared that adding the Gear VR to the ride didn’t make the ride boarding process that much longer as one would expect. Six Flags had riders who wanted to use the headset moved to a staging area in advance where instructions on using the Gear VR were given. Once the VR riders turn was up, they loaded into the car like normal and faced forward to calibrate the VR experience – then blast off.
This elite fighter squadron experience will launch this month and throughout the summer, making its debut on the following six roller coasters:
- Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, opening March 10 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview
- Dare Devil Dive at Six Flags Over Georgia outside of Atlanta, opening March 12 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview
- The New Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain near Los Angeles, opening March 26 to Season Pass Holders as a special sneak preview
- Ninja at Six Flags St. Louis in Eureka
- Steamin’ Demon at The Great Escape in Lake George, New York
- Goliath at La Ronde in Montreal.
Image Credit: ThemeParkReview