The team behind Job Simulator and Vacation Simulator returns with an out-of-this-world VR adventure set in an alien High School.
Cosmonious High, the newest game from the folks at Owlchemy Labs (Job Simulator, Vacation Simulator), will have you shaking off those ‘first day of school’ jitters as you attend an alien high school complete with meteors crashes, malfunctioning AI, and classrooms overrun with a strange alien goo. In other words, it’s total chaos.
What exactly is the cause of all this trouble?
That’s up to you and your new space friends to figure out when Cosmonious High launches on Oculus Quest and PC VR headsets in the Spring of 2022. And because it’s an Owlchemy Labs game, you know you’re going to have a blast unraveling that mystery.
This isn’t your ordinary goofball Owlchemy Labs’ VR adventure, however. In an official press release,Chelsea Howe, Product Director at Owlchemy Labs, said that the team is “breaking all the bounds” withCosmonious High.
According to Howe, you can travel anywhere you’d like on the Cosmonious High campus and interact with every character you see. Using a handful of special abilities, you’ll work alongside these NPCs to fix the chaos engulfingCosmonious High—or cause even more.
In the same press release, Andrew Eiche, COOwl (Chief Operating Owl) of Owlchemy Labs, said, “We always pride ourselves in creating experiences that players can immerse themselves in while also injecting our own brand of humor and style. I believe we are doing just that with Cosmonious High; its world will feel familiar to our long-time fans and welcome new players.”
On top of wandering the halls of your school, exploring beautiful worlds, and taking classes (after all, you are in high school), Owlchemy Labs included several interesting features, such as:
- Living Characters – You’ll experience the latest level of VR interaction with dynamic characters that respond to natural gestures like a high five and fist bump. You can have awesome conversations with a quirky cast of characters!
- Juicy, Responsive World – All of Cosmonious High is one big interactive playground. Just remember, having fun with your powers is no excuse for skipping class!
- Unprecedented Exploration – You can explore the biggest space Owlchemy Labs has ever built! Hang-out with your friends in the Grand Hall, perform experiments in Chemosophy, and get creative in Visualetics.
- Gorgeous Visuals – Enjoy a vibrant, colorful world with an art style as unique and playful as the school!
- A Hand Full of Powers – Unlock alien powers to explore the world around you! You’re going to need these special abilities to get the school back to its glory days!!
“Cosmonious High encapsulates our core pillars of interaction, inclusivity, and accessibility. We continue to push the boundaries of VR and we cannot be more excited to launch our first new IP in five years,” said Devin Reimer, CEO (Chief Executive Owl) of Owlchemy Labs.
You can find more information about Cosmonious High, including the cast of wonderful characters and alien powers, in the coming months over on the Owlchemy Labs website.
Feature Image Credit: Owlchemy Labs