Join Batman’s technologically savvy crime-fighting team and protect Gotham City.
Warner Bros. has released a new mobile app on iOS & Android devices that lets you partner up with the Dark Knight himself and take on some of Gotham’s greatest villains in immersive AR.
Developed for kids ages 6-12, DC: Batman Bat-Tech Edition features a variety of technology-driven mini-games designed to immerse them in DC’s superhero universe. Players take on the role of a member of the “Knightwatch,” Batman’s elite group of technologically savvy crime-fighters as they rid the city of costumed foes—including the Joker, Mr. Freeze, The Riddler, and other dastardly no-do-gooders—using cutting-edge Bat-Tech.
This includes everything from AR storytelling features and Batman Bat-Tech-themed video content to AR face filters and digital comics.
“Batman is one of our most important franchises, so bringing together the DC and Warner Bros. Consumer Products teams to develop this app featuring his fan-favorite gadgets and crime-fighting tech was a chance for us to give fans yet another way to engage with a favorite DC Super Hero,” said Pam Lifford, President of WarnerMedia Global Brands and Experiences, in an official press release. “The app creates a truly unique experience that gives kids around the world a chance to immerse themselves in the DC Universe — there’s no other app like it available today.”
Here’s what the game offers at launch (as provided by Warner Bros):
- 10 Augmented Reality (AR) Missions: Through the new app’s AR features, kids become a member of Batman’s new Knightwatch team and immerse themselves in original Batman crime-fighting missions. The amazing AR provides a realistic 3D experience that draws upon engineering and design concepts to make Batman’s Bat-Tech come to life.
- 10 Mini Games: Users can play a Batman-themed mobile driving game where players test their skills at driving the Batmobile; Batarang Practice where players face off against the clock and find out how many targets they can knock down; and the Grapnel Launcher game where players must run and jump while utilizing Batman’s abilities to overcome obstacles.
- 8 AR Face Filters: Kids can transform into Batman, the Joker, Batgirl and more of Gotham City’s most iconic characters using these fun filters and can save photos and share them with friends and family.
- 10 Sticker Packs: Users can decorate photos with a variety of Batman-themed stickers, turning an ordinary shot into a cool Batman story.
- Batman Bat-Tech Video Content: The app connects to the extremely popular DCKids’ YouTube channel. A new series, entitled “Batman Science Lab” will launch this fall exploring the real-world applications of Batman’s technology.
In addition to the above-mentioned features, new content will be added on a regular basis to help keep things feeling fresh.
“The Batman mobile app showcases Batman’s innovative technology, using augmented reality like never before, and gives kids a way to unlock the mystery behind Batman’s crime-fighting gadgets,” added Kevin Morris, Vice President, Franchise Management and Marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “Kids can now experience being a DC Super-Hero alongside Batman, and while learning and playing they can also help save Gotham City.”
Feature Image Credit: MicroProse Software