Resident Evil, Horizon, and The Walking Dead are just a few of the games heading to Sony’s next-gen VR headset.
Sony just wrapped its summer State of Play event, teasing a number of exciting games for the PlayStation 5. This includes several long-awaited game reveals for the PlayStation VR2, the company’s next console VR headset.
In case you missed the festivities, we’ve gone ahead and collected all of today’s VR-related announcements into one handy-dandy list. Here’s what we have to look forward to in the near future:
- Resident Evil 4 VR – Capcom’s iconic third-person action-horror game is receiving yet another port, this time for the PlayStation 5. This includes official support for the PlayStation VR2, offering players what could easily be considered the best-looking version of the game to date. It’ll be interesting to see how this version of the game stacks up to last year’s Resident Evil 4 VR for the Meta Quest. The game will be available on March 24th, 2023.
- Resident Evil Village – The horror hits keep on rolling. Today Capcom confirmed that Resident Evil Village, the latest entry in the classic horror series, will be available on the PlayStation VR2 complete with motion controls.
- Horizon VR Call of the Mountain – Earlier this year we learned that a standalone VR game set in the Horizon Zero Dawn universe was in the works for PlayStation VR2. Today we received our first official look at some of its gameplay, revealing a complex and colorful experience that will have you battling a wide range of mechanical creatures using a variety of unique weaponry. Much like the original game, it appears as though we can expect plenty of exploration and platforming as well.
- No Man’s Sky VR – Everyone’s favorite galaxy-sized open-world sci-fi game will be playable in VR on the PlayStation 5 via the PlayStation VR2 headset. Seeing as the game is already playable in VR using PC VR headsets, this seems like a no-brainer for Sony. That said we can’t wait to see what this already-beautiful experience looks like on the PS5.
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: Retribution – The next chapter in The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners series will be heading to the PlayStation VR and PlayStation VR2, returning players to the dangerous streets of post-apocalyptic New Orleans. Based on the trailer we can expect additional weaponry to master, new enemies to fight, and—of course—plenty of zombies.
Unfortunately, we still don’t have an official release date for the PlayStation VR2, though rumor has it the headset could launch this holiday season. What we do know is that over 20 games will be available at launch. As for what this initial catalog will include, we’ll just have to wait and see.
Image Credit: Sony