Pre-order now to unlock an adorable Mini Crewmate hat.
Meta Connect 2022 was chock full of exciting announcements. We even got an official release date for Among Us VR, a VR adaptation of the hit multiplayer deduction game from Robot Teddy, Schell Games, and Innersloth.
Some lucky folks were able to sign up for early gameplay with their beta back in August, leaving us slowpokes who didn’t sign up in time out in the cold. Now we can all play when the game becomes available on the Steam, Meta Quest, and Rift stores next month for $9.99. To spice up the excitement, you can pre-order the game now on the Meta Quest store to unlock a Mini Crewmate hat pre-order bonus.
Just like the original game, you’ll play as a part of a crew made up of 4-10 players and complete various tasks throughout a labyrinth-like spaceship, all while keeping a lookout for the murderous Imposter. If you do happen to notice any fishy behavior, you can use voice chat or text to alert your fellow crewmates or call a meeting.
“Among Us VR will launch just in time for the holidays, and we can’t wait to hear how family and friends band together and betray each other as they complete tasks aboard the Skeld II,” said Victoria Tran, Community Director for Innersloth in an official press release. “The VR version of Among Us remains true to the spirit of the original game while also giving players an all-new way to experience the chaos and thrill of accusing your friends of murder!”
At launch, Among Us VR will include:
- In-game chat: Communicate using in-game voice chat (featuring proximity chat) or quick text chat
- Minigames: Play old favorites and new-for-VR games
- Customization: Pick the Crewmate’s color and hat
- Comfort and safety options: Adjust the settings for the best experience possible
- Cross-platform VR: At launch, play with Crewmates on different VR platforms, including Meta Quest, Rift, and Steam.
- Locomotion: Choose single or two-handed locomotion options
- Localization: Among Us VR is available in eight languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish (LATAM), Chinese (traditional and simplified), Japanese, and Korean
- Achievements: Complete special tasks to earn special achievements.
“We’ve worked on a lot of different projects, but working with Innersloth and Robot Teddy to bring Among Us to VR platforms was fulfilling in many ways”, said Schell Games CEO Jesse Schell. “Together, we created something that will delight the existing Among Us community, create new fans who will experience Among Us for the first time in a headset, or entice supporters of the original game to try VR for the first time. Let the emergency meetings commence!”
Ranjani Natarajan, Director of Robot Teddy, was excited about bringing this popular title into VR. For Natarajan, Among Us was a title that brought communities and complete strangers together during a collectively unusual and difficult time, and Among Us VR lets players embody that same intensity and liveliness. “Who doesn’t want to roleplay hilarity, intrigue, and some juicy backstabbery in virtual reality over the holidays?”
Among Us VR launches on Quest, Rift, and PC VR headsets on November 10th, 2022. Players can now pre-order Among Us VR for $9.99. Visit the Among Us VR website, join their Discord, and follow the game on Twitter for all types of groovy updates.
Image Credit: Schell Games