Oculus just shared a trailer for the latest launch title game Defense Grid 2 (DG2) created by Hidden Path Entertainment coming to the Rift on March 28th.
The “enhanced VR version” of Defense Grid 2 is a fully recrafted VR version of the DG2 tower-defense strategy game that is already available on Steam, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
New intuitive user controls and displays were designed from the ground up for VR to make the game actions faster, easier, and highly accessible. You will have a physical sense of being in the action, where you can lean in and look all around your base in the VR edition and even view the action up close near the aliens and towers.
“Players have a physical sense of the action around them when playing DG2 in virtual reality,” says Hidden Path Chief Creative Officer,Mark Terrano. “Since you can lean in and look all around your base in the VR edition, we’re hiding secrets and surprises for the people who want to explore a bit while playing.”
The Enhanced VR Edition will include new exclusive content; the first official DG2 story expansion featuring five new levels and a new storyline with fan favorite A.I., General Fletcher.
- Award-Winning Tower-Defense Strategy Game
- 26 missions including 5 exclusive new missions
- 14+ hour Campaign Story mode
- 7 additional Challenge modes across missions
- 4 difficulty levels of play
- Over 40 tower upgrade items with 5 levels of strength
- Online Global and Friends Leaderboards for every mission and mode
- Over 60 online Achievements
- Xbox Gamepad and Oculus Remote support
- Supports English, French, German, Spanish, and Korean with full-cast voice acting for each language
- Content designed for ages 10 and older
If you’re wondering how Oculus captured the smooth in-game footage for this trailer from Defense Grid 2, they put together a video below.